2019 Twin Cities Jazz Festival Educator of the Year Award
The Twin Cities Jazz Festival will name a 2019 recipient of the TCJF Jazz Educator of the Year Award. The Jazz Educator of the Year Award is supported by Thrivent Financial who partners with the Jazz Festival to honor the traditions and innovations of America’s art form, jazz. The award will be presented on June 21st at the Twin Cities Jazz Festival Main Stage.
The annual Minnesota Jazz Education Educator of the Year Award is open to any Minnesota jazz educator working with K-12 students inside or outside of school.
Award Selection Criteria
- The educator works to increase equity in music education
- The educator provides high-quality learning opportunities
- The educator teaches with a strong connection to the history and roots of jazz
- The educator works to advance the jazz art form through encouraging students to compose new works
A committee consisting of community leaders will evaluate nominations based on these criteria.
1) Be sure your nominee has agreed to be nominated. You can nominate yourself.
2) Please enter YOUR name and email (person making the nomination) in the name and e-mail box below.
3) In the nominee description box below, please explain why you’re making this nomination. Please be sure to include nominees name and e-mail.
Please fill out the form below. Enter your name and e-mail (person making the nomination) and a nominee description.